Pages

Saturday 11 October 2014

Why Zoella is truly an inspiration to many

Zoe Sugg, also known as Zoella, is a popular British blogger and vlogger but she is much more than just that; she is an inspiration to many. 

I first came across Zoe's blog when I typed in "anxiety" and "young people" into google, probably two years ago, and I discovered: Zoella

This post was about anxiety and panic attacks and, although it was a rather long post, I read every word as I felt it was much more relatable than other factual sites about anxiety. I have not suffered with panic attacks and I hope I never will but I do suffer with anxiety and like others, I often feel alone.

Since reading that blog post I have followed Zoella on her social media journey and I have enjoyed peeking into her life and reading her upbeat and positive words. As a young girl, she helped me as I could relate to her, I thought: 'Wow, look at her, she seems confident and happy but she suffers with anxiety. She understands. She knows how hard things can be sometimes.' but most importantly I thought: 'She's okay. She has good days and bad days. Anxiety does not stop her from living' and this is why Zoella is an inspiration.

She is very fitting for her new role as Digital Ambassador for the mental health charity, Mind and I have no doubt she will inspire many. She is young, relatable and most importantly a friendly face!

I am confident people will get behind her to raise awareness for anxiety and panic attacks in her new campaign #DontPanicButton and her aim to show solidarity to anxiety sufferers, to support each other and to be a supportive community. Thank you Zoe!



Sources
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRW9XBiGPdw
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/09/youtube-zoella-mental-health-charity-mind

No comments:

Post a Comment